Saturday, April 21, 2012

A perfect little Saturday...

Today was one of those days where in many ways I feel like I really ”lived!” I feel like every hour was spent wisely and consequently I am feeling very tired, and slightly overwhelmed with gratitude! I am documenting my precious little Sat via my phone because I'm to tired to get my laptop but insistent upon documenting my day.
Today stated out with a cup of coffee and a family walk to see Jo Jo and Addy. It was supposed to be a short visit, long walk; but it turned out to be more of a long visit very short walk :) I should've known... Our visits are too fabulous to be quick!
When we got home Nuggs was still in her jammies, and hadn't had breakfast so we had a quick breakfast picnic outside before heading in to nap the nuggy... I was able to have a wonderful conversation with my momma who I adore... and still found time to shower and get ready for breakfast w the Harty's.
We had a yummy brunch at O'dohorty's w the while fam for Connie's birthday. I always love family time, and seeing the way Nuggy looks  at her cousins just melts me! They may not be super close in age but there is so much love there!

After breakfast  we went home packed up our daybag and hit the road. We decided the afternoon would be best spent as a family day,  just the supercool three of us! We went to the park at the river, watched the.insane falls, walked for an hour or so then hopped back in the car for a new adventure...sushi! Nothing like a good workout (or just your average walk :) )  to make for a major sushi craving! Due to the sleeping nugg in the backseat we ate in the sunshine, in the car, in a parking lot by the lake. Then we drove for a while till we found another spot we could get out and stretch and show Liv the lake. We feed her some dinner, she drove us around the parking lot a few times and we started making our way back to the homestead!

We did the nighttime routine, tucked a very peepy baby into her bed and headed out to have some D, Heddie time...I wont lie our time was precious, and romantic. We went out in the backyard and retrieved all of D and Chad's golf balls, like I said...SO romantic!!! Actually the sunset was quite beautiful, the air was warm, and I enjoy any alone time I can get with the hubbs. However I must say the hot date took a turn when D informed me that I, "wasn't as good as Chad!” Of course he was referring to my ability to retrieve the golf balls, and remember to yell "ey-yo" every time I found one. I honestly had no words at this moment, because I knew the time would come, when those words would leave his mouth, "you're not as good as Chad!"  in fact to be honest the incredible love, respect, and admiration these two have for each other is the best thing for me to see as a wife! I have accepted that there will be certain things in life that D would much rather do with his bff than with me. These two will be friends for life...no doubt! I digress :)

After ball fetching, it was a quick Grey's episode (so sad btw) and off to beddy bye land! Nuggs and Addy have a big photoshoot tomorrow, and D has a glorious round of golf w my Dad and bro...so all of us must get our beauty rest for these big events tomorrow!

I am feeling so grateful for the Lords eternal faithfulness! He has blessed me with a husband and child who rock my world, and consume so much of my heart! I have this husband  who loves me in a steadfast, unconditional, pure kind of way, and a baby who makes a walk on the sidewalk, or sushi in the parking lot the the most amazing magical time ever!! And I'm not being cheesy and just saying that. I really do feel that way! Every second of today has had such intense meaning and joy, because of God's faithfullness in promising to have plans of hope and a future for me! (jeramiah 29:11)
This Saturday was one for books! Such a perfect little saturday in my very simple and sweet world!





No comments:

Post a Comment