Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easy like a Sunday mornin'........

Cause I'm eaaaaasssssaaayyyy easy like a sunday mornin'......aaaahhhhh aaaahhhhh aaaaahhhh aaahhhh easy luke a Sunday  mornin'....

I feel like this was my theme song for today! What a glorious, marvelous, fabulous day today was! It was the iceing on a delicious cream cheese frosting confetti cake that was this weekend! We started our day doing some unusual things for a Sunday...D went golfing (okay not suuuuper unusual but kind of for a Sunday), and Nuggy, Mimi and I followed the  Fowlers out to the middle of nowhere, a beautiful nowhere, for a Vogue-esque baby photoshoot :) There were wardrobe changes, and accessories and momarrazi and it was absolute adorable. Truly I am certain that my little nook up in heaven will be FULL of babies, I just can't get enough of them! Nuggys bff Addy was also in the shoot and per the usual Nuggy kind of wouldnt get out of her personal bubble. It was a beautiful location, with great outfits and accessories, and for all of the babies, outfit changes, and prop changes it went extremely smooth and was very well organized! We were super grateful to be a part of this little baby shoot...it was a blast!

Once Nuggy was done smiling for the cameras we headed home for some lunch and a nap. What actually ended up transpiring, was an hour  and forty minutes of mommy and daddy being thoroughly entertained by the babe tv (baby monitor). Honestly I don't know what her deal was but sister was CRAZY and couldn't relax enough to fall asleep! She was head banging, going in circles, yelling, singing, laughing, and screaming w excitement for what felt like an eternity....being that it was so beautiful out me and D decided to take our baby circus viewing and some snacks out to the front porch. I don't know if it was the lull of nuggy's laughter or the cool breeze with the warm sun on my toes, but it wasn't long before I was passed out on the front porch swing, it was sooooo dreamy!!! D ended up falling asleep too, once Nuggy finally drew the curtain on her performance, and the three of us rested.... peaceful, free, and easy like a sunday mornin!

Once we woke we packed up and headed to Mimi and Papa's. We met Bean, Crystal, and Stinkerman, there and filled the afternoon with lots of baby laughter. We played and ate, and played and ate some more. We had burgers, brussel sprouts, potatoes, and corn on the cob for dinner, and the usual Folkins' dessert, ice cream and hot fudge. We went to the park where we got out any last ounce of energy that might have been hiding somewhere in our bodies, well to be more accurrate I should say Jaxon got out his last balls of crazy while Nuggy and I hung on the grass. Looking around and seeing all the kids playing and parents smiling, made it clear, spring is here and summer is right around the corner my friends!! This fabulous  night ended w two little babes in the kitchen sink , rinsing off the sticky combination of sweat, and sunscreen off their bitty little baby/toddler bodies. It was a perfect summer-like family afternoon, we sucked every ounce of sun and fun out of this day, and we loved every minute!

Honestly just as I do with D's family, whenever we are driving home I reflect on the time we are so.crazy fortunate to have with each other, and I feel totally content. Neither one of our families are perfect, and ironically neither are me or D :) , but there is a lot of love, and laughter and joy amongst all of us. We do a great job of maximizing our time together, and let me tell you what...I wouldnt trade these moments for anything in the whole wide world!

My life isn't always easy, it isn't perfect, and it sure isnt all playtime and roses, but it's a pretty simple life, and to me it's full of all the right things...God, family, love and lots of laughter! This weekend we put down the to do list, and just lived...and sweet Lord did it feel good! Looking forward to see what God has in store for the week!









No comments:

Post a Comment